05 May 2008

Blue on blue


There are hundreds of different shades of blue and yesterday they all seemed to come together in the most beautiful blue palette of ocean and sky.

The weather was perfect so John and I took one of our favourite walks along the West Coast Drive.
I love all the little secluded bays along this stretch of coast. I am always telling myself that one day I should bring a book and sit down there and read. Somehow I never seem to get around to it. There is always something more important to do. One day, I promise, I will do it.
There are also a lot of reefs close to the water's edge and it is a great spot for snorkelling.


It is hard to believe it's autumn, with the number of people on the beach and in the water.


Even a family of lizards had come out to sun themselves.


I am not usually a great fan of anything slippery with legs, but had to admit that this quartet looked quite harmless and didn't even seemed concerned when I poked the camera at them.

No comments: