03 April 2010

Blooming marvellous


I have just returned from a trip to Melbourne (hence the lack of posts recently and for which I apologise). While there I was lucky enough to visit the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show. Apparently it is the biggest garden show in the southern hemisphere and considered to be in the top five horticultural events in the world. Impressive.



I loved the garden rooms.





And these displays made me want to start recycling cough medicine bottles. Whoever would have thought they could look so good.







Of course, we also managed to enjoy some of Melbourne's other delights.





What a great city.

1 comment:

Von said...

Ahh...you're killing me with this! So much beauty, so much culture, so many calories, and so not in my budget at the moment. It sounds like an amazing trip, Di - thanks for sharing it with us :)