12 August 2010

With a zig and a zag


With two weeks to go I have finished the quilt and have exceeded my own expectations. I had visions of putting in the final stitches as we were in the car on the way to visit Mandy in hospital.

I took a picture of it at home and then delivered it to the new nursery where the light was much better.


And where you can see where the colour inspiration came from.



We looked for ages to find just the right colour for the binding without any luck. Then, we looked where we should have gone in the first place, our own stash, and sure enough there it was. It is from the 'Katie Jump Rope' range by Denyse Schmidt. The backing is a pretty Kaffe Fasset fabric.



I'm not sure about Mandy, but I am now ready for the baby to arrive.

1 comment:

Margret said...

congratulations on finishing on time, notthing like beating a deadline! I don't think I'll finish the quilt for our little one due in the next 5 weeks since I agreed to make curtains and blinds for a friend. Will just have to finish it after I guess. And cheers for the banana bread recipe, I made it on Wed night for our prep for childbirth class and there wasn't a crumb left, was great for my cooking ego.