06 May 2011

A beautiful vignette



Just when I thought I was making progress into my pile of UFOs, I learnt about this gorgeous magazine and was inspired by its wonderful projects. In particular the 16 block mystery quilt had my name on it. It is a combination of patchwork and embroidery all done in lovely vibrant colours. I am gathering all my supplies and can't wait to make a start. I am afraid that some projects which were high on my to do list have now been relegated to the bottom because I love this one so much.



Most of the fabrics I am using are from the Oliver & S City Weekend range and I bought these with another quilt in mind. However, when I saw this Vignette in Stitches mystery quilt, I knew that these fabrics would be perfect for it.



This really is a lovely publication by Leanne Beasley, an Australian girl who also has a very pretty blog.

To date, the first three blocks of the quilt have been published in the first two issues of the magazine. I will have to get my skates on to catch up. So many projects, so little time.

I think that some patchwork shops might carry the magazine, but I bought mine online from under the mulberry tree.



The magazine is perfectly named - it really is a collection of beautiful vignettes.

No comments: