19 June 2011

Pottering in Melbourne

Mum and I had a wonderful time pottering about in Melbourne. What a city of contrasts. From the gentility of high tea at the Windsor Hotel,



we went to the urban grittiness of Melbourne's famous laneways.




About that high tea at the Windsor - it was amazing. After three of us demolished almost everything on these three tiers,



we indulged in the dessert buffet. This is what came back with me to our table.



I immediately thought that my eyes had been bigger than my stomach, but I am proud ashamed to say that I finished everything.



We marvelled at the giddy heights of the new Myer Department store,



and laughed at the outrageousness of someone's transport for the day.



The shopping was fun.



How lucky that there happened to be a 20% sale on the day of our visit.




I thought I had died and gone to fabric heaven when we visited Gail B Patchwork. The photo doesn't really convey the vastness of this store which was filled to overflowing with every fabric known to woman and then some.



We once again enjoyed wonderful hospitality at gorgeous Rose Cottage on the Mornington Peninsula




where there is a wonderful cafe where it is possible to sit among the vegetables to eat lunch or have a coffee. We didn't as the wind was coming straight from the South Pole on the day of our visit so we kept warm inside instead.




Thank you to wonderful family and friends, especially M & D for your amazing generosity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Di, that looks wonderful. I have to convince someone in my family to move to Melbourne so I have a better excuse to visit!