22 September 2011

Lazy knitter

I have downloaded a pattern from Ravelry to knit a little jacket for V and I started it last night. It is knitted on circular needles from the top down, a method which I have not tried before. So far it seems to be working.
However, when I reached the buttonhole row, I came to a grinding halt. In the past I have always managed to make very simple buttonholes which are fine for small buttons, but this jacket has large buttons and my little basic holes just would not work. The directions in the pattern were not very clear - what was I to do. Then I spotted my Ipod in my lap - left there after completing my nightly Words with Friends (currently getting soundly beaten by everyone) - so I quickly googled how to make a one-row buttonhole and up came all the information I needed complete with You Tube videos.
I didn't even have to get out of my chair to search for my how to knit bible. I love technology.

2 comments:

Margret said...

I know! isn't it fantastic?!!

Anonymous said...

You're such a techno Grandma! It looks absolutely gorgeous, by the way xo