29 August 2012

Easy strawberry jam

John and I must be the only people in the world who have worn out a breadmaker. From what I read and hear, most breadmakers are relegated to the back of the kitchen cupboard where they gather dust. We have used ours regularly for over ten years and when it died last week we had to buy a new one. They have come a long way in ten years and when I saw I could make jam in the breadmaker I had to try it out. Strawberries are very cheap at the moment so that seemed the natural choice.
500 grams of strawberries and one and half cups of sugar went into the baking tin, the jam setting was selected on the menu, I walked away and did other things and just over an hour later I had two pots of beautiful strawberry jam.
It was very nice on my breakfast toast.

No comments: