07 May 2013

Garlands


The grey and yellow quilt is finished. I wish I could say this was my own design but it is not. The pattern came from this book and the quilt is called "Garlands". It is pieced in an improvisational style and all the blocks are slightly different. This is so that the garlands appear to be swaying in the breeze.

I have re-named my quilt 'Birthday Garlands' as I am giving it to Mandy for her birthday - slightly late, but better late than never. I tried a new method for the binding and added a very tiny highlight of yellow piping.

It is quilted using freemotion quilting (not my strong point) in what is loosely called (by me) a lightning bolt pattern. Don't look too closely. When Mandy and Mike are tired of looking at the front, they can turn the quilt over and have a look at the back. Two for the price of one!

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Beautiful. Love gray and yellow together. congrats.

Marjie said...

It is utterly gorgeous. Love the colours and the pattern. Well done! Love it.