29 September 2013

Washi tape

It seems that recently every time I look at a craft blog I see washi tape (adhesive fabric tape) being used in all sorts of clever ways.  Washi tape is everywhere, but, apparently, not for sale anywhere near me. 

As I always prefer to attempt to try to make something before I buy it, I decided to make my own washi tape.


I selected a few pieces of fabric with small prints;  added some double-sided adhesive tape to the wrong side, and trimmed it using my ruler and rotary cutter.  

Within minutes I had my own washi tape and put it to good use by wrapping a gift. 




Then I used it to add some notepaper to the front.


How much nicer than plain old Sellotape.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I love your idea for DIY fabric tape. I have so much cute fabric and I don't know what to do with it. Know I know what I will do!
I had the same problem with not being able to find washi tape in Australia, so I went out and opened up an online store for us Aussies. www.washilane.com if you would like to see it.

Unknown said...

Great post! I was looking for a few articles on masking tape Singapore washi tape and I came across yours inspiring read.