08 March 2015

Now for some applique


I thought I would complete the United Stitches quilt before starting any new projects but that was before I saw the latest issue of Homespun magazine and fell in love with the quilt designed by Kaffe Fassett called China Shop.  Fortunately this is a block of the month project so I can take my time with it and still work on my little embroideries.  Being designed by Kaffe the intention is that his fabrics are used but, (shoot me down in flames)  I am going to include some Liberty fabrics which have been in the cupboard for ages just waiting for the perfect project to come along and I think it has.


Some progress has been made and two vases are ready to be appliqued.


They are scarily large.  This is going to be a big quilt.



Now I have to make some hexagon flowers which will be a challenge as these are not my favourite things to make.  However, I do think I am ready for a new challenge after months of inactivity. Maybe if I say English paper piecing instead of hexagons I will enjoy the process more.


No comments: