04 October 2015

Bucket list





Poor neglected and under-nourished little blog.  It has been so long since you have been fed.  I have been away ticking a few things off my bucket list (not that I intend kicking said bucket anytime soon!)  Recent tests and scans have shown that all is well after last year's brush with the Big C and I am hoping that this will continue.

Getting back to that bucket list, the first item I ticked off (apart from actually being in England) was a visit to Petersham Nurseries in Richmond and it did not disappoint.  I was so excited to finally be there that I ran around like a madwoman taking pictures of everything in sight.  In retrospect I wish I had calmed down a little and just soaked up the ambience, but at least I now have plenty of photographic memories.  I did get to relax a little as we enjoyed a  lovely afternoon tea in one of the many greenhouses.  I had no idea there were so many of them.

How wonderful it would be to have all this on one's doorstep.  I would be there every week.  I imagined myself tucked away in a quiet corner with a good book and a pot of tea.  Heaven.





Such a pity that one is restricted by luggage allowances when travelling.  I could have done serious damage in the shop here.












The river at Richmond was so pretty.  Very Wind in the Willows.  I'm sure I spotted Ratty and Mole among the boats.


No comments: