29 January 2007

Heating Up

The temperature has been scorching here over the last four or so days. It is still hot today and now it is humid as well. Only one thing to do in such heat and that is hibernate and sew. Air con and fans make it bearable. We did put our noses outside a few times, once to go to a restaurant for dinner on Saturday evening and once to see a movie. It has even been too hot to go for our daily walks and I am missing my exercise. We thought that the cinema would be a good place to avoid the heat but unfortunately the aircon system was struggling. The movie, however, “Miss Potter” was delightful. Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong country. I just love all things “English”. It must be my English heritage. Of course, I think Australia is the best country in the world to live, and I suspect that the England I get nostalgic about is the England of afternoon cloths (see below) and not the England of today.
Anyway, the hibernation of the last few days has been a good opportunity to do some “product development” and two new products have come off the production line.
The first is the “shady lady” hat.
Which even has an opening for your pony tail.
The second is this bag which is nameless at the moment until inspiration strikes. I am very happy with the finished product, but it did cause some grief to get a good outcome.

No comments: