28 October 2007

Making Waves

My previous attempt at a crocheted blanket was a dismal failure. I don't think I was ever sufficiently motivated with the project and I would work on it only briefly before putting it away again. I suspect that the colours weren't helping: black, white, red and yellow, more like the colours of a football jumper really. It was called a granny blanket (I think the same thing is now called an Afghan). Maybe the grannies rebelled about being labelled in this way. In the end the moths put me and the blanket out of our misery by eating huge chunks of it and I was able to throw it all away without feeling too guilty. So it is with some trepidation that I am starting this new blanket. After seeing the ripple stitch blanket on several of my favourite blogs and being convinced by the writers that it is a most relaxing form of crochet, I decided to give it a try. As usual, I am late coming to the party and I haven't been able to find the patterns which were posted at the time and are now no longer available, so I am more or less making it up as I go. After several hours work last night I do not have much to show for it except this little wave. I hope things improve tonight as, so far, it has not been the relaxing experience I was hoping for. However, I have chosen some luscious colours and I am hoping that these will be all the motivation I need to keep going.
Why I am trying to make waves I don't really know. It is two weeks to market, there is still a mountain of work to be done, the printing of our new fabrics is only days away and we are still trying to finalise them and I am trying to create waves. Some people never learn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am envious - as you know I have a ripple blanket and I, too, have researched patterns. I have a few saved so will send them to you.
Meanwhile I am knitting coathangers!! Lol!!!
XX M