05 January 2008

It's a girl


We could not have asked for a better New Year. A beautiful baby girl delivered safely in the early hours of New Year's Day. We could not be happier.

As soon as the shops opened on the following day, I hit them running and bought up everything I could find in pink. As Mandy had decided not to find out whether she was having a boy or a girl, everything she has bought is white or lemon. Already I am planning all the beautiful little dresses I will be able to make for her. Somehow, girls always seem easier to sew for than boys - but maybe that's because I only had girls myself.

I promised myself that I would not talk too much about my brilliant grandchild, but it is going to be hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk and chat and boast as often and as much as you like with me! I am so happy for you all.Wish I could be in your position! Penny and us have had lovely chats over skype but now that we are at NCC we can't seem to connect - internet is quite expensive and I am hoping Penny will try to connect - we dropped out before. Oh well - she is safe in her new room and uni begins on Jan 7.
On hols here for 2 weeks.
xxx

Danielle said...

Congratulations! What fantastic news :-)