07 February 2008

It's raining!


I am so excited - we have not had rain since the middle of December and this morning I woke to the beautiful sound of rain falling. I immediately leapt out of bed and stood at the window just gazing at it and enjoying seeing it cascading down the glass.

The plants in the garden seem to be saying 'thank you, thank you' as they drink up all that lovely freshness.

It is amazing how a cool change in the weather can reinvigorate not only the garden, but also people. I feel I have new energy and enthusiasm. Mandy and I spent the morning discussing new cut cloth projects and ideas. I think we have about 48 hours to put our ideas into practice before the hot weather returns. A tall order perhaps but, in the meantime, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

No comments: