13 December 2009

Am I longing for a white Christmas?



The temperature outside is soaring to nearly 40 degrees centigrade and I am inside spraying santa snow on gumnuts. While I am covering my gumnuts and leaves with fake snow I can't help wondering why we cling to such traditions. In everything else we embrace the Australian way of life, but perhaps for those of us with an English heritage we secretly yearn for a white Christmas. Not that I have ever had one, nor am I likely to so I will have to make do with my sprayed gumnuts and hope that the temperature cools down a bit before Christmas day arrives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Georgia said...

I hope you are soaking up the heat for me! It's freezing here and snowing already. I will put some pictures up on facebook to make you envious xo