01 October 2012

Bedroom makeover take two

It doesn't seem that long ago that I gave the bedroom an update. However, I got a bit tired of that look and decided it was time for something fresher. Some new white bedlinen would made everything look bright I thought. No problems buying that, but when I started looking for tailored pillowcases I got a very rude shock. $180 for two pillowcases! You have to be joking. Then I asked myself, as I was getting up from the floor in the manchester department (where the shock had sent me), why am I even looking at these things. I can sew and a pillowcase must be one of the simplest things to make. So I bought a relatively inexpensive white single bed sheet and got busy on the sewing machine. It was not long before I had two tailored pillowcases for a fraction of the cost.
Some taupe coloured piping on the pillowcases, two new lampshades and some new cushions to match. Happy with that. The mirror behind the bed is also new but that has been there for a while.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

You are absolutely so inspiring and awesome! The new look is wonderful. I have managed to get as far as bring home a paint colour chart but that's as far as I have got!! Well done, Di! Please come and live with me for a while so that your interior design skills rub a tad off onto moi!!