05 November 2006

From this to this


I bought this luscious cashmere wool at a recent Quilt and Craft Show. I simply could not resist those beautiful pastel colours which made me want to lick the wool. I am pleased to say I did resist the licking! Of course, I have finished it just as summer is beginning and it will now have to be packed away until the cooler months. Even Timothy looks hot (as in warm) in it today as the outside temperature is in the high twenties celsius. I think my camera needs updating as the colours in the finished scarf look dirty.

We had a delicious lunch at the John Street Cafe at Cottesloe Beach today. After a stormy start to the day, the weather was just perfect to sit under an umbrella outside and feast on caramelised onion, goats cheese and roasted tomatoes tart for me, tuna and lime cakes for A and chicken burger for J.

No comments: