07 November 2006

Progress

A has made incredible progress with ordering the fabrics we will be using for our cut cloth venture. We decided that, initially, we would use Amy Butler fabric, but it has been difficult to source here in Perth. A has spent hours trawling through ebay and on-line fabric shops in the US and many yards of fabric are now on their way to us. When they arrive there will be a flurry of activity as we start to get some products together. This is a scary prospect.

It is going to be a busy time as Christmas is fast approaching and, as usual, I haven't yet given it much thought. I did buy the ingredients for my Christmas cake this morning so I suppose that could be called a start.

I am looking forward to cutting this cloth. I bought it from a patchwork store in Maleny on Queensland's Sunshine Coast where we were holiday after attending my nephew's wedding in September. I think I will use one of the patterns from Denyse Schmidt Quilts. In the past I have made very traditional quilts, but I think it is time I dragged me and my quilts into the 21st Century. I thought the colours were very sunny and happy and I will probably call the quilt the Sunshine Quilt to remind me of our holiday.

I have spent a good part of today researching new cameras. Son-in-law M is going on an overseas business trip in a week or two and I might get him to pick up something for me duty free.

No comments: