18 November 2007

Trip to town

We drove into town today for a good coffee and a fossick through the local shops. This tiny little shop crammed full of goodies was my favourite and I bought a bagful of these wonderful old pegs. My mother will probably fall off her chair laughing when I show her. Somehow I doubt that in another 30 or 40 years people will be buying today's plastic pegs in second-hand shops. But, then again, you never know. I guarantee that if the women who used these wooden pegs all those years ago were told that one day they would be described as 'gorgeous old pegs' and would be collectible, they would fall off their chairs laughing.

We also visited some beautiful gardens which were open as part of the Festival of Country Gardens. I will let the pictures do the talking:

After seeing these amazing gardens I was tempted to rush back to Perth, sell up and move permanently to this lovely part of the world.

No comments: