12 December 2007

Breathing again

It's beginning to look like Christmas and I have my breath back.



The cake and pudding are finished, the cards have been written and posted, the tree is up and the house is decorated. Phew.
However, the thing I am most excited about is the cot quilt. For a while I was feeling grateful for it being summer and for the fact that the baby would not be relying on wicked grandmother for warmth as I did not see how I was going to have it ready in time. As long as there are no early arrivals, I might just get it finished. I am very happy with how it is coming together and I am even happier with this style of quilting. The girl in the quilt shop suggested I do it this way and I think I will be doing a lot more quilts like this in future. It is so easy and flexible. There are no seams to match and if a block is a bit small it is no problem, simply add another piece of fabric.
Well, I have to get back to it, there is still a lot to do and the clock is ticking!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

the cot quilt is looking brilliant! love it!