17 May 2010

Books to inspire

Two beautiful new books have just landed with a very satisfying thud on the front door mat from Book Depository.





Jane's quilting book is such an inspiration. The photography is superb and the quilts full of colour. I want to start my own new quilt immediately and have begun stroking my fabrics in anticipation of what is to come.



Jane Austen's Sewing Box is fascinating and any lover of Austen will adore this book.



I doubt that I will make any of the projects, but it is so lovely to look at (more stroking going on) and is a real feast for the senses.



Just look at the detail in this dress. It is sobering to think that it was all made by hand. I realise how lucky we are today with all our machines and gadgets to make sewing life easier.

No comments: