10 February 2012

It's beginning to look like a quilt

I thought it was time to lay out all the completed pieces of the mystery quilt just to make sure that it looked as though it would all come together and I hadn't made any glaring mistakes. So far so good, although I won't really know until I start stitching all the pieces together. But as nothing was jumping out at me I feel reasonably confident. I couldn't think of anything worse than to finish all the blocks and then find that I had made a mistake in the cutting and they wouldn't piece together. It's getting big now and I had to stand on a box in order to fit it all into the photo frame - a ladder would have been better. As you can see it took me a while to figure out where to put the camera over the quilt.
It is starting to look like a quilt.
The centre panels are far from finished, but I am about to start stitching the applique pieces in place.
Then there will be more embroidery to be done amongst the hearts and flowers. The level of detail in this quilt is incredible and I am in awe of Leanne its designer.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Dearest it is such a wonderful achievement! It is truly an heirloom - but the best part is that you are enjoying making it. I admire your wonderful talent!